Learn How to Protect Yourself
Hello I am Coach Dan Ma and I have over 25 years of experience in the martial art world. I am Jeet Kune Do certified, and have training in both JKD Concepts (Dan Inosanto) and Original JKD (Jerry Poteet) lineages.
Quickly Learn Self-Preservation Techniques
I know what it is like to live in fear. If you suddenly have the need to protect yourself, then I can help you. Learning martial arts can be a slow progression for many. For those new to martial arts, my goal is to teach you a simple yet practical technique that you can start using effectively today. The mastery of one expression leads to the mastery of another expression. Confidence earned by mastery.
Get Into Fighting Shape
Are you looking to get back in shape through martial art training? Perhaps you are an MMA fighter looking to sharpen your striking tools? I can accommodate and customize to your needs:
- Cardio focused Martial Arts Training: Turn on your instincts and get ready to lose weight!
- Instructionally focused Martial Arts Training: Let me add to your skill-set by improving your footwork and developing fast explosive strikes. I can tailor my instructions for these areas:
- Self Defense
- Combat Sports
What Is JKD?
Bruce Lee’s fighting legacy was kept alive by a few of his closed-door students. Jeet Kune Do literally means the Way of the Intercepting Fist. JKD is mainly influenced by Wing Chun Kung Fu, Western Boxing, and Fencing.
Although Bruce developed his art mainly for street fighting, I can present his art for the use of self defense and combative sports. JKD does not have forms or katas to practice. Instead we have drills, heavy bags, and other equipment which can be a similar experience to Muay Thai kickboxing. However JKD is not a combat sport like kickboxing, as a lot of techniques would be illegal. Even though JKD doesn’t belong in the ring, many MMA fighters (e.g. Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, & Tony Ferguson) are still using the same principals and tools from JKD to give them a sporting edge. What I love about JKD is that it is personal, practical, and modern.
Certified Personal Trainer
Get your body in shape with a Certified Personal Trainer that has over 25 years of experience in the martial art world. As a CPT I can safely customize and address your martial arts fitness goals no matter what your experience level is.
Do you have injury concerns? I can address the following:
- Foot & Ankle
- Head & Neck
I can be available online for virtual sessions and in person:
- Virtual Online Sessions: I use the Zoom platform for my meetings.
- In Person: We have the following options:
- At my training facility.
- At an arranged public location (such as a park or at an appropriate facility).
Hours of Operation
Currently these are my available hours, which can change depending on my schedule. If you don’t see a time slot please let me know what is preferable.
- Mondays: 5:30 pm – 8 pm Oregon – Portland PDT (UTC -7)
- Tuesdays: 5:30 pm – 8 pm Oregon – Portland PDT (UTC -7)
- Wednesdays: 5:30 pm – 8 pm Oregon – Portland PDT (UTC -7)
- Thursdays: 5:30 pm – 8 pm Oregon – Portland PDT (UTC -7)
- Fridays: 5:30 pm – 8 pm Oregon – Portland PDT (UTC -7)
- Saturdays: 7 am – 3 pm Oregon – Portland PDT (UTC -7)
- Sundays: 7 am – 3 pm Oregon – Portland PDT (UTC -7)
COVID-19 Safety Guideline Compliant:
I promise to follow the guidelines:
- Maintain 6 feet of distance
- Wear masks during the job
- Wear gloves during the job
- Disinfect surfaces touched during the job
Contact me now for a free consultation! I am diversity & inclusively minded. I want to help individuals of all shape, size, and color regardless of their sexual orientation and gender identification. All information is confidential.