Lately I have been needing to strengthen my footwork for crosses & hooks, which is why I have been looking at videos of Mike Tyson again. I was inspired to practice this combination.
My timing needs to be quicker between my strikes, which will probably happen as my footwork gets stronger. Other things I need to improve on:
- Twisting leg’s knee needs to turn into the other
- Hooks are too telegraphic
- Non-hook hand needs to be in guard position
- Don’t close my eyes when I throw my hooks
- My elbow drops; need to keep it up for a horizontal motion.
This combination works by loading your weight onto your lead leg, so in the case above, I use a cross to load my right leg to explode into a hook.
I have slowed down my training in the second video, which is the level at which I feel I should be practicing this. Below in the last video I take off the resistance bands to see if I am able to move faster.