Lately, training under Octavio has been sporadic. While Sifu is busy with business decisions, the group of students have been actively training together once a week, which has been good.
Today we learned an entry with a punch that starts with the pak sao, then a lead punch, and lastly advancing with the feet.
- Entry with a punch starting with a reference point (partners wrists touching) :
- Using a fast and hard slap of a pak sao on the opponent’s forearm, which with the use of advancing foot work, pushes into the centerline, either pinning the arm and/or breaking the structure.
- A wave like motion starts with the lead arm’s shoulder, which rotates back, then fires out. This is slightly telegraphic, but it adds more distance and explosive power.
- The foot work moves after the punch is started.
- Stealing a step foot work